|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||The caregiver provides medical and physical care to the residents of the household/neighborhood to meet their daily needs and enable them to function at the highest possible level. While this care is provided under the leadership of a professional nurse, the caregiver is the residents’ closest advocate in the household. |
|Duties:||• All caregiver tasks are performed in accordance with current standards, guidelines and regulations and in a safe and efficient manner.|
• Attends to all resident personal hygiene and personal care needs, including but not limited to grooming, hygiene, dining and nutritional, mobility, elimination, psychosocial and safety needs
• Organizes all supplies necessary to complete the tasks. Supports residents in self care, and provides care as necessary for those unable to care for their own needs.
• Follows universal precautions, proper infection control, sanitation and safety standards of practice in all work and activities
• Assist with providing restorative nursing under the leadership of therapy professionals and neighborhood coordinators in accordance with the resident’s functional maintenance plan
|Qualifications:||• Graduate of a state approved program for nursing assistants. Must be a Certified Nursing Assistant in the State of Kansas|
• High school graduate or GED preferred, but not required
• Must complete the Advance Education in Long Term Care Cetificate Program within 1 year of employment
• CPR is preferred
• Attend and participate in in-service educational classes and on-the-job training programs.
• Homebuilding: Respects the Resident’s room as home and assists the resident in feeling in charge of everything that happens within. Contributes to making the household a healthy and happy place, works together to get things done, facilitates the creation of homey spaces, sees the possibilities and creating a daily life that naturally facilitates pleasurable moments, laughter and fun with lots of opportunity for a wide variety of meaningful relationships. Engages sensitively and appropriately throughout the household.
• Person-Centered, Elder-Directed, Quality Focused: Caregivers must develop an innate ability to observe and connect with residents in a way that gives them clear insights into each individual’s preferences and concerns. Caregivers must demonstrate the intention to strive for high efficiency while always respecting and preserving residents’ personhood.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.